Benson's Building Supply

The M. A. Benson Company, Inc. was founded in the year 1920 by Mr. M. A. Benson. He had come to Pontiac with the DuPonts and liked Michigan very much, especially the Pontiac area. Having the foresight to visualize Pontiac as an industrial center he decided there was an opportunity for a wide awake man to go into business and grow with the city. He resigned his position with the DuPont Company and bought a tract of land at 517 N. Saginaw Street. Then he built a small office and purchased a team of horses and a carload of coal, thus the M. A. Benson Company opened its doors to the public. From that time on the business grew steadily and by 1924 it had grown to such proportions that more space was necessary. A large tract of land was then purchased at 549 N. Saginaw Street where the company is now situated. Today the company carries a large and complete stock of Roofing, Lumber, Trim and Building Supplies, to properly supply the requirements of their customers. We have a fleet of 40 trucks, which is our assurance of prompt service, and highly trained personnel, who know the needs of our customers and who can efficiently address those needs. The policy that made this success possible is the time proven policy of honest dealing, quality merchandise, and prompt service.

The M. A. Benson Company, Inc. was founded in the year 1920 by Mr. M. A. Benson. He had come to Pontiac with the DuPonts and liked Michigan very much, especially the Pontiac area. Having the foresight to visualize Pontiac as an industrial center he decided there was an opportunity for a wide awake man to go into business and grow with the city. He resigned his position with the DuPont Company and bought a tract of land at 517 N. Saginaw Street. Then he built a small office and purchased a team of horses and a carload of coal, thus the M. A. Benson Company opened its doors to the public. From that time on the business grew steadily and by 1924 it had grown to such proportions that more space was necessary. A large tract of land was then purchased at 549 N. Saginaw Street where the company is now situated. Today the company carries a large and complete stock of Roofing, Lumber, Trim and Building Supplies, to properly supply the requirements of their customers. We have a fleet of 40 trucks, which is our assurance of prompt service, and highly trained personnel, who know the needs of our customers and who can efficiently address those needs. The policy that made this success possible is the time proven policy of honest dealing, quality merchandise, and prompt service.

2 Reviews

Client Reviews

    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5

    Excellent service from some of the friendliest most helpful people in the business. We purchase everything from roofing materials to siding from Bensons. They always have what we need. Thanks guys.

    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5

    Excellent service from some of the friendliest most helpful people in the business. We purchase everything from roofing materials to siding from Bensons. They always have what we need. Thanks guys.